B. Write your community health nursing diagnosis statement. Here is mine (Increased risk of obesity among school-aged children related to lack of close available fresh and healthy foods and limited physical activity options as demonstrated by above average Basic Metabolic Index (BMI) rates.) Adjust as you need to.
- Explain how the health concern from your community health nursing diagnostic statement is linked to a health inequity or health disparity within the target population.
a. Discuss the primary community resources and primary prevention resources currently in place to address the health concern.
b. Discuss the underlying causes of the health concern.
- Discuss the evidence-based practice associated with the Field Experience topic. (In the United States children and adolescents affected by obesity has increased more than 30 percent in the last 50 years (CDC, 2017).
a. Identify data about the selected Field Experience topic from the local (e.g., county), state, and/or national level. (I live Albuquerque NM.)
C. Develop a community health nursing social media campaign strategy that will convey your health message and address the Field Experience topic by doing the following:
- Describe your social media campaign objective.
- Recommend two population-focused social marketing interventions and justify how each would improve the health message related to your selected Field Experience topic.
- Describe a social media platform you would use that is appropriate for communicating with the target
a. Discuss the benefits of the selected social media platform in supporting preventative healthcare. 4. Discuss how the target population will benefit from your health message. D. Describe best practices for implementing social media tools for health marketing.
E. Create a social media campaign implementation plan by doing the following: 1. Describe stakeholder roles and responsibilities in implementing the plan. 2. Discuss potential public and private partnerships that could be formed to aid in the implementation of your campaign. 3. Create a specific timeline for implementing your campaign. 4. Explain how you will evaluate the effectiveness of the campaign. 5. Discuss the costs of implementing your campaign.
F Reflect on how social media marketing supports the community health nurse’s efforts to promote healthier populations.
- Reflect on how your social media campaign could apply to your future nursing practice.
G. Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.