Determine when audience and purpose indicate the need for definition Differentiate between parenthetical, sentence, and expanded definitions
. Identify the various ways to expand definition
W 116 Definition Paper Peer Review Sheet:
Writer ________Evaluator ________
- What term or concept is the author defining?
- State the main idea (thesis) of the essay:
- Is the concept new and unfamiliar, or do you know it pretty well?
- Is the author showing a new approach to a familiar thing?
- Do you find the essay easy to read? Be honest. Point to specific places in the essay that could be improved to make the paper more exciting.
- Which body paragraphs require more (or more interesting) support?
- On a scale on one to ten with ten being the highest, how interesting (entertaining) do you find this paper?
- Do you find the organization effective? Can the order of the paragraphs be changed to make the paper more interesting?
- How many transitional devices did you find in the paper: Give examples.
a) Transitional words and phrases –
b) Transitional sentences –
c) Synonyms –
d) Pronouns –
e) Repeated words –
- What is one thing you recommend the author should do to improve the paper?