Answer these questions from the film Salt of the Earth:
- Provide examples from the film of how the men experienced the Colonial Labor System in their workplace.
- What were the working conditions of the Mexican American women at home and how did they compare with the conditions of White women.
- What was the relationship like between the men and women in the community at the beginning of the film.
- Analyze the impact of the reversal of gender power relations between the men and the women after the women took over the picket line.
- What was the most important lesson learned by the men and women in the community that resulted from the struggle for equality.