graded discussion: 15 points possible due Mar 6
I Kill Giants Discussion Forum #1
Search entries or author
Due Date: Wednesday, March 6 11:50pm PST
- Write a minimum 200 words.
- Use at least two quote sandwiches from chapters 1-4 in I Kill Giants to support your answer.
- Write your response in the form of a PIE paragraph.
- Choose one of the following topics:
A. At the end of Chapter 2, we see Barbara wearing a knight’s helmet and breastplate sitting at a bus
stop and talking to some faeries. What Barbara might be hiding from?
B. In Chapter 3, Barbara is talking with the school counselor who asks Barbara if her sister is “dumb.”
Barbara is busy drawing a she responds, “No. She’s not dumb like other people. She’s ‘special.’”
Barbara’s crayon snaps and breaks. Discuss what this dialogue and the snapped crayon are inferring
and trying to tell us. What does Barbara think about her brother and sister?
Due Date: Sunday, March 10 at 11:50pm PST
- Respond to two of your classmates
- Write 3-4 sentences minimum
- Use one quote from
- Do not just say “I agree” or “yes.”
- Netiquette Policy.