1.In Tim OBrien s How to tell a true war story what are some qualities of a true war story?
- In Shooting an elephant What statement is the author making about imperialism?
- In Just walk on by What were some of the examples the author gives to explain the racism/stereotypes he encounters throughout his life?
- Why is the narrative 38 who saw murder and didnt call the police an account of old news still significant today? (The murder made headlines in 1964). What
is the underlying message behind this event?
- In the essay Beauty and the beast of advertising what are some of the effects of this wonderful thing we call electricity?
- According to the author of Hello Darkness what are some of the effects of this wonderful thing we call electricity?
- In the essay The true about beauty the author points out that Doves recent beauty campaign of beauty is a media creation is untruthful and deceiving. Why
does she say this campaign is so misleading?
- In the essay Pain what according to the writer are the consequences of painful experiences (physical or emotional) that are suffered in youth (particularly for young boys)