1) Introduction to a research question focusing on a social issue;
2) Brief review of the literature related to this issue;
3) Overview of a theoretical approach to critical analysis that could be used to study this question
OR a theoretical discussion of the way in which policy could be conceptualized in the study of this issue;
4) The body of the paper: Application and Discussion or analysis.
5) Limitations of this approach/conceptualization of theory in relation to this problem (ie. what the approach cannot tell us about the problem or what the conceptualization cannot account for in relation to the issue).