How do theory, ideology, and ethics play a part in the creation of criminal justice policy?
• Identify a specific public policy and discuss the theory and criteria behind its creation.
• What are the complications in criminological theory of explaining causation?
• How does ideology impact the construction of criminal justice policy?
• People expect criminal justice policies to be morally principled. Describe how ethics frame or are incorporated into criminal justice policy.
• How is translational criminology seen as an effective way to bridge the gap between practitioners and researchers in creating policy?